JetBrains IDEs Review

Easy to connect to a database, execute stored procedures, create and modify tables

What is our primary use case?

I am using it for a Java Maven project for an important bank located in Argentina. It is integrated into the Git and connected to a Sybase database.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved the organization because IntelliJ IDEA has everything integrated into the same tool. It greatly facilitates the learning of use for new developers. Its interface is very good, and besides that, it is very easy to connect to a database, execute stored procedures, create and modify tables, significantly improving time and management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature that I have found in the tool is the ability to easily connect to the database without problems, interruptions, and errors as they occur in some other well-known tools. Another one that I find valuable is the easiness that the debug mode offers me since it allows you to observe the variables in the route very clearly.

What needs improvement?

I see as a disadvantage the high prices of the license purchase that is almost $ 500 per year since this limits the use of IDE and especially for those developers who work on their own since it requires a large investment.

Less than one year.

Until today the application has not generated an error. Actually, the application is very stable.

No difference is noted for how robust the project is, and it does not affect performance as it grows.

Very good technical support, in addition to its community, it is very broad for troubleshooting and queries.

I have used previous solutions like Java IDE and the features that really made an improvement are the nice interface that it has, the data integrity in the debug mode, and the easy connection and interaction with the database.

The initial configuration was very easy, with having the path/files defined, the rest is very simple.

It was implemented internally by the company.

Although their license cost is high, I recommend it. They will have the satisfaction of using a great and powerful tool, and they will not regret it in the least.

I did not evaluate other options; I just changed it.

What other advice do I have?

It seems to me as one of the best IDEs in the market, they are always releasing new versions with positive improvements, and in my opinion, I recommend it in its entirety.