Jira Align Review

Useful customization, technical support responsive, scalable and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for schedule management and to do any updates on projects that we have had. I am a project manager and our organization put together a portfolio for each of us to have our own set of projects listed specifically under Jira that we had to provide regular daily updates for.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helped our organization by allowing us to do customizations easily for our fast-paced team environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the ability to customize the entries and to update them quickly. Since the new version they released, we started utilizing the customization features to create specific codes and symbols for our teams that were not available before. For example, in team A each person had their own symbols and we had our own demarcation. When our project or task was completed, we had a code that we could enter online that let the main project managers know that it was time to remove it.

What needs improvement?

One of the biggest issues I found in the new version was once we clicked on one of the tasks that were specifically for our group and went to look at the other portfolios in other areas we had to browse all the way back to the beginning. If you click the back button, it would not work, it stayed the same place. Additionally, if you click on page B, but then you wanted to go back to page A it would not go back to page A. You would have to browse back to the portfolio and then find your group again and open it.

This was the only issue that I had with it and I am not sure if it is a Jira issue or it was because of the way the site was laid out.

I have been using Jira Align for approximately four years.

The solution is very stable. We had one issue but I cannot say if it was because of the network that we were on or if it was a limitation of the solution. Everything else about the solution was stable. The only time it was down was when our administrators announced they were going to take it down.

The scalability is good because when we started utilizing the solution we only had three teams and three different sections then from December to January the developers came together and it expanded to 76 different tasks across the teams. When we hit February we had over 300. It is easy to expand and it did not only encompass our teams but also had links to other teams that were outside of our main sets of teams.

Our whole agency was using the solution which is approximately 100 people.

When I sent an email out to the technical support I received a couple of answers back. I would say their technical support is good.

When I had to set up my own pages, it was quite easy. I had an enjoyable time creating my own test pages and it allowed me to change many features and test out the different settings. It was very easy to import new documentation and attachments and to set up sub-pages for our team to check in to Jira Align.

It was a large-scale effort for the implementation of the solution and there were three main supervisors overseeing the operation. We have a total of 12 administrators maintaining this version of Jira Align.

I have evaluated ServiceNow.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is this is a good solution and if you have multiple teams as we did that require you to provide daily updates then it is the ideal choice. You can track every entry and you can see when it is inputted by a timestamp. If you have a lot of mission-critical or time-sensitive activities, Jira is good for tracking and helping to keep everything organized.

This is an excellent solution and has great functionality.

I rate Jira Align an eight out of ten.

More Jira Align reviews from users
...who compared it with ServiceNow IT Business Management
Find out what your peers are saying about Atlassian, Planview, ServiceNow and others in Enterprise Agile Planning Tools. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.