JIRA Portfolio Review

Stable, easy to deploy, and has good integration

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to manage an agile project. We are putting JIRA on our backlog, and we are following the work in progress with the Kanban board.

We have generated a lot of dashboard in-reporting with JIRA Portfolio to monitor the performance of our direction and our projects team. We have a license for 250 users, and we are going to get a license for 500 users.

What is most valuable?

The feature that we like the most is that JIRA enables modules.

Atlassian provides a lot of products around JIRA, such as compliance for the documentation, BitBucket for the Git version. We are new to these products developed by Atlassian, but they can integrate very easily. Generally, when an editor is developing a solution, they think about integrating with JIRA. When we are looking for any other solution, they plan to easily integrate with JIRA.

What needs improvement?

We would love to be able to have direct contact with Atlassian. Currently, they are not working directly with West African countries. We are considering using JIRA Align, but when we contact them, they say that as we are in West Africa, they don't directly work with West Africa.

We have been using JIRA Portfolio for about four years, since 2016.

It is very stable. We had only one issue, but it was not related to JIRA.

We didn't have to get in touch with the support team. Generally, when we have an issue, we go to the community, and we are able to resolve it very fast.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The deployment is very easy. We easily do it ourselves without any help. We have a team of two to three people.

What other advice do I have?

Doing digital transformation is difficult. It's not regarding JIRA. It's difficult to change the mindset of our teams to be more agile and to adapt JIRA as a new way of working. We have to change the mindset and the mentality of the teams with a new way of working so that we can move forward. JIRA will help us to be more agile because JIRA is built for agile teams.

We had to work with a consulting team based in France to help us with the organization of the process. Atlassian doesn't directly work with West African countries. So, we had to work with a French company.

I would rate JIRA Portfolio an eight out of ten.

More JIRA Portfolio reviews from users