JIRA Portfolio Review

Our processes are more efficient and easier to be tracked which enables work to be more organized

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for organizing our projects and as a tracking solution for our software projects.

How has it helped my organization?

Before JIRA, we used to organize our software with Bitbucket but now, with JIRA, it is more efficient to organize all the work in the timeline, make long-term plans for one or two months, know what our deadlines are, and write short summaries in the backlog. The developers can simplify tasks and each one of them can undertake a task and then they continue with development. Our processes are more efficient and easier for our manager and developers to track them. Their work is more organized.

What is most valuable?

We use all of the features. The most valuable features are the reporting of the speed of the team's progress and the long-term organization of our projects in the timeline.

What needs improvement?

I think that front-end development is a little bit buggy in some cases. Some of the features take a while to respond and some need to be more clear. Now we are using next-generation projects, so it's simpler to set the projects up than it was in the past. There is some work to be done there to have a clearer interface and workflow of how to organize a simple software project.

I have been using JIRA Portfolio ( /products/jira-portfolio-reviews ) for six months.

We have nine users using this solution. We do have plans to increase the usage. Gradually, all of the people on our team will use it and even more when a new developer or new employee comes to the company. We spend time getting familiar with JIRA then we organize the work to be done in the day in JIRA.

I only needed technical support once. We got a very specific and straightforward answer. From that experience they were good and very efficient.

We were previously using Atlassian Bitbucket. Bitbucket is only good for tracking down issues but it is not helpful to organize everything and see how fast you are proceeding. With JIRA, there are a lot more features actually managing a project.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We have nine people using it so we have a standard cost of approximately $150 dollar per year. There are only additional costs if you exceed the limit of users, then you start paying by user. The cost is significantly higher.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely suggest going for it.

I would rate JIRA Portfolio an eight out of ten. To make it a perfect ten it should have a better user interface, be more clear, and more responsive.