JIRA Portfolio Review

Has a good dashboard and is user-friendly but the setup needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we use the on-premises deployment model but we are moving to the cloud. Amazon is part of it but we are in the evaluation part. Our primary use case is for workflow and regression testing.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard is the most valuable feature. The user experience is very good, it's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The stakeholders have to decide to use JIRA and that's the problem. Not all the stakeholders are in touch with JIRA but we need their budget for the whole team to get the opportunity to use JIRA. It's not a problem with the tool, it's our organization. Some of the stakeholders have other opinions and they like to use other tools.

The initial setup could use improvement.

I have been using JIRA Portfolio for eleven years in total.

Stability is very good. It's an easy to use and nice tool. We wanted to and we have bought licenses. For the bank, we have 250 users at the moment. We will increase it up to 500 users.

For maintenance, at the moment we just have a crew that takes part in the maintenance. It's only one or two people.

We don't contact their technical support very often. Most of the things we do by ourselves, and we look for some videos on YouTube for such things. We are in a group and there we get some information about JIRA. For most things we need, we get our own information.

The initial setup was complex. We have Agile teams and we have classic teams and the waterfall development. We have to integrate both and we have to create a workflow that can be used for all of these aspects. Our governance in Germany for a bank is difficult. We have many things to keep in mind.

The deployment only takes two weeks but the difficulty is that we have many systems. Our old system is divided into 10 subsystems, so when we deploy we have to use other things. We must look for every single system. We'd like to integrate with JIRA but at the moment it's not in our book.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten. I don't know everything about the solution and every feature.