JIRA Portfolio Review

Provides a lot of plugins but it's not so user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We use JIRA for project management.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to implement the Kanban and Scrum methods using JIRA. That was a really good argument. We had been using the waterfall method, so this really helped us to get that out there to our general way of working.

What is most valuable?

The customized workflows we can define are very valuable. JIRA's private projects are very useful as well. There are also a lot of plugins that they provide.

What needs improvement?

I think their view needs to be more user-friendly. The UI makes it difficult to find things. Secondly, the configuration is very complex. JIRA should help people find out what configuration they are using.

There are many issues, but I would say the UI needs to be improved most. Also, some training documents need to be there with respect to their configuration. They don't have training documents easily available. You really need to figure it out by yourself. That is something they must improve.

We've been using this solution for six years.

It's quite stable. We have not had any problems.

It's scalable. We currently have 45 users, with six dev users and two people for maintenance.

We will keep on using it. Whether we expand our use depends on our entire portfolio and the product growth that we are catering to our customers.

It's not that good. I would give it a rating of three out of five, on the basis of price. They need to add improvements because it is not as easy to reach out to these people as necessary. I would expect them to have a call center or something, but they don't have one. We have to write down our messages and send them to support. It is not easy to solve our issues.

It was definitely complex to set up. It was difficult right from the start, by applying the project setting configurations. Popping up the custom fields and relating it to the workflows was also difficult. Identifying a security policy on top of that and adding the group was really complex, too.

Deployment took almost one month's time to set it up and get started.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as seven out of ten.

More JIRA Portfolio reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about JIRA Portfolio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.