Jira Review

Great workflow sensibility and very stable but needs updating

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspect is its workflow sensibility.

What needs improvement?

The user and group management could be improved in a big way. There really are a lot of administrative areas that require a lot of screens which could be improved in many ways.

A lot of the user interface could be updated.

Technical support is lackluster. It could be improved.

They need to address a lot of the requests that people have had over the last 10 years. Instead, they rely on third-party tools to provide these features. They don't seem to understand what it is their clients really need and instead just assume a plug-in can be made for whatever the purpose is.

I've been using Jira for ten years. It's been a decade now since I first started working on the system.

The solution is extremely stable. There aren't bugs and glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's quite reliable.

The solution is absolutely scalable. If an organization needs to scale up, they can do so easily.

Technical support is pretty bad. They rely on partner companies for support and don't really have any of their own internal teams that can help.

The initial setup is not straightforward. It's quite complex. However, you do tend to get used to the process after a while.

The solution is quite expensive. I'm not sure of the exact pricing, however, I know it's not cheap.

What other advice do I have?

We're an Atlassian partner.

I'm actually using various versions of the solution. I stick with versions seven and eight, mostly.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

More Jira reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Project
Learn what your peers think about Jira. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.