Jira Review

Very configurable with lots of plugins but not really intuitive

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution primarily for project management. We organize our work by projects with epics, et cetera. Below that, I believe we are using a Zephyr plugin for QA. We don't use it for product planning.

How has it helped my organization?

I would say it's a necessary evil to use a product such as Jira. All of these solutions are a necessary evil. They all have their pros and cons.

What is most valuable?

For what the solution does, it's fine.

The solution offers a lot of plugins.

The solution is very configurable.

What needs improvement?

There's a bit of a learning curve, which I'm not a huge fan of. It's not exactly user-friendly per se.

I would prefer it if the solution was more intuitive.

There are just so many options, that it's pretty overwhelming as a product. There's too much to focus on.

We do find that we need plugins and have created integrations with more robust analytic solutions than Jira provides.

Personally, I'd like it if there was more flexibility in how you could manage the backlog at a project level.

I've been using Jira for about six months. It hasn't even been a year yet. The solution is still very new to me and I am still learning.

The solution is very, very stable. There's no problem in that sense. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

You can easily scale this solution. If you need to grow it out to meet your company's needs, you can do so. That's not a problem.

We have about 300 users on the solution right now. They include developers, administrators, senior leadership, analysts, designers, and project managers.

I haven't used technical support at all. I can't speak to their reliability or level of knowledge.

Although I wasn't hired at the outset of the company, it's my understanding that they've always used Jira as a solution.

I wasn't involved in the initial implementation of the solution. I just started working with the company six months ago. Honestly, I'm still learning the solution.

I don't have an opinion on the pricing or licensing. It's not really a main concern of mine. I don't have access to any information about what the company pays.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. My company doesn't have a professional relationship with Jira.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using. I'm not sure of the last time we updated the solution. I've only been at the company for six months.

I'd advise other companies to dedicate two full-time people to learn the solution and train other team members. It's a big learning curve for users. It takes time to get into it. Having dedicated trainers would help onboard people.

Overall, I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. If it was more intuitive, and there was less of a learning curve for new users, I'd rate it much higher.

Private Cloud