Jira Review

Good customized dashboards with good scalability and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for product development efforts and documentation. We use Confluence as well for documentation.

What is most valuable?

Most of my work is keeping track of what's been going on and identifying what is blocking future work. What I like about this solution is you can create a consolidated customized dashboard out of your files to identify what's been going on and identify who has how much data assigned to them. You can begin to understand where roadblocks are and how to streamline efforts effectively. It's been helpful.

What needs improvement?

The challenge which I frequently see from Jira is the label. When you search for a label sometimes, it suddenly disappears. If there's a mismatch due to all-caps or lower case, you won't be able to find it. It won't even come up as a recommendation or suggestion. That's something that can be really frustrating, as people create labels in their own specific ways and then no one else can find anything. While it should be a standard thing across the company to have labels created in certain way, the system should be able to pull up suggestions of labels that are close.

The product could be more intuitive.

If something isn't getting resolved, we generally aren't getting any alerts to warn us to this fact. We don't get any visibility on if something's been open for a few months even if it should have been closed after a few days. We need some sort of system that shows us items that are lagging.

I've been using the solution for about six months to a year or so. It hasn't been too long. Our company has been using it since they started doing development work.

In my experience, most of the time it's very stable. Sometimes we have a few bugs here and there in Jira. However, it doesn't affect our work in a very big way. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

I'm not sure about the whole company, however, on my team, we use it extensively. We have around 30 to 35 people using it on this team. Obviously, they are using it on other teams as well, however, I don't know the count of each team.

In terms of scalability, we are able to add new users as needed, and that has never been a problem for us.

I've never had to reach out to technical support. I don't know how responsive or knowledgeable they are.

I didn't previously use another solution, Jira is the first product I've used for this purpose.

I actually was not involved in the initial process of the setup, therefore, I can't comment on the process. I have no idea as to if it was difficult or straightforward.

I'm not aware of any regular maintenance that is needed on the product.

I don't deal with the financial aspect of the product. I cannot comment on if it is overly expensive or not as I don't handle billing or payments.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Jira.

I'm not sure of which version of the solution we are using.

I'd recommend others go ahead and try the trial version of the product. If, after that, it seems to fit your needs, a company should go ahead and implement it fully.

Overall, I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

More Jira reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Project
Learn what your peers think about Jira. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.