Jira Review

Great for development and scrums but needs more flexibility

What is our primary use case?

Right now, I'm just trying the solution out. I'm doing a POC.

What is most valuable?

The solution helps a lot with scrums.

It's great for development.

The documentation is quite good.

It has some automated software testing which is useful.

What needs improvement?

I'd like some more features around software testing. I'd like to see some more stuff done around data testing. That's what I'm most interested in.

They could be better around generating documentation and essentially helping with test scenarios, test cases, or test results in a way that is more user-friendly.

The product needs to be more flexible to adapt more effectively. Sometimes you fix the style or the format and it might not suit the environment. I'd like to be able to more effectively configure it.

I've only used the solution for less than a year at this point. It hasn't been too long.

The solution is quite stable. It's not really buggy and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's pretty reliable.

The product can scale if a company needs it to. They should be able to expand it to have it meet their needs.

I haven't really dealt with technical support. I study the solution mostly on my own. I've never spoken to them and therefore can't speak to how their services are.

In a few months, once I have used it on a deeper level, I may get the chance to reach out. However, as of right now, that has not been the case.

The initial setup is not complex at all. It's quite straightforward. We didn't have any issues with it.

I'm not sure how long the deployment takes. I'm a lecturer and consultant, and therefore my role is more to help people use the tool rather than set up the tool for them.

I use the free version of the solution. We don't pay for it at all.

What other advice do I have?

I use the current version of the solution.

Right now, I'm on the free version. I'm just trying it out right now, to see if I like it.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations.

Overall, I would rate it at a seven out of ten.

More Jira reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Project
Learn what your peers think about Jira. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.