Jira Review

Defines how we track time and permissions; we can create multiple boards

What is our primary use case?

My people use ASS. I can define spins, I can define roadmaps, I can define components, I can do releases, I can define all kinds of issue types, heartbeats, some of those things. I'm using it for both business and software. In software we have Scrum and Kanban onboard, whereas for business we have the service and then there are those other options. We have multiple use cases. I'm the director of the company.

What is most valuable?

I like almost everything about Jira. It defines how we track time and the way we define permissions. We can create multiple boards for the same product backlogs.

What needs improvement?

I think that for users the solution is very intuitive but for project administrators, the way the product is defined is not very intuitive. There are too many ways to do the same thing. The setup of Jira sometimes becomes very, very cumbersome and difficult. It's not very easy for people on the project admins to really understand how to set up the product because of these features. If they were better organized and the documentation improved so that people would actually be able to figure out how to use Jira, that would be helpful. There are not many videos and it can be very challenging for anybody not familiar with the product. There are 50 users on the project I'm working on.

I've been using this solution on and off for the last eight years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We haven't really used technical support.

The initial setup takes a bit of time because it has so many features that you should be aware of, but of course it provides a lot of out of the box features that you can use right away. You can set up in 10 minutes or 10 days, it's very rich. I was able to do the deployment myself with some extra help.

For up to 10 users, the solution is free but above that there are licensing costs.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Jira reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Project
Learn what your peers think about Jira. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.