Jira Review

Stable ecosystem with a plethora of use cases

What is our primary use case?

There are so many use cases for Jira. If it's got something to do with IT, it will be covered by Jira. They have a very extensive marketplace and you can find nearly every solution there, including version controlling, source control for the code, automation, test automation, security scanning, configuration, and development management.

What is most valuable?

What I find valuable about Jira is that it's an ecosystem. Sometimes, it does not provide the best-in-class solutions, but it's so well integrated. You will not have many problems with integration.

What needs improvement?

The transfer of the functionality between testing or pre-production and the production environment could be improved. It would be helpful to have more automation in this area.

I have been using this product for three years.

In general, the core of the product is very stable.

Approximately 150 users use this product at our company. One comment I would have regarding scalability is that I noticed Jira is not yet ready for the Docker platform. I think they are working on this and it will improve the scalability of the product.

Overall, their support is okay. Many topics are covered in their documentation or on Atlassian. We receive support from a local partner.

We previously used SISA.

The initial installation was straightforward for us. What could be improved is the migration between the testing and production environments. This could be automated somehow as the manual transfer of certain workflows and functionalities is very time consuming right now.

More Jira reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Project
Learn what your peers think about Jira. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.