Excellent Project Management platform for bug/issue tracking with support for SVN, CVS, etc. integration.
- A very good project management platform which can be used for issue tracking, as well as bug tracking.
- Can be very easily run on in house servers as a hosted solution.
- Can be very easily integrated with various source control platforms like CVS, Git, Mercurial, Subversion etc.
- Due to its plugin architecture, it can be very easily integrated with various software IDE's, like Eclipse.
- Has support for integrating with various cloud based tools provided by Atlassian.
Room for Improvement:
- The inbuilt search functionality is quite buggy and lacks even the basic features.
- You'll end up struggling when searching for a particular JIRA item, if you don't have the JIRA number.
- There's no regexp support, and you can't do arbitrary AND/OR/NOT queries. The search feature needs a revamp.
- The product lacks stability, as it occasionally runs out of memory.
- The user interface is far from perfect.
Having used JIRA for the last 2 years, I can definitely say that having this tool with you is a big plus when it comes to project management. Plugin architecture and support for the popular version controls systems like SVN, CVS, etc., which makes it even better. Although, there is still room for improvement in areas like user interface and the search functionality which doesn't support arbitrary AND/NOT/OR queries.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Jul 15 2012