JIRA Review

Valuable Features:

<ul> <li>Ability to search old issues.</li> <li>Ability to create your own tags and fields, ie customization.</li> <li>Easy of use. I have trained several non-it people in its usage and they all say it's really easy software to use.</li> </ul>

Improvements to My Organization:

Our development team and it's functional staff have gained a better overview of the issues that are being worked on and what issued are getting delivered in a patch.

Room for Improvement:

Perhaps a built in "Jira-Capture"

Use of Solution:

I've used it at 3-4 different companies over the last 8 years.

Deployment Issues:

None

Stability Issues:

None

Scalability Issues:

Current company, only a small userbase of about 25 users. Previous company perhaps 150-200 users - no issues whatsoever. (We're in Norway, not many people here.)

Previous Solutions:

Previous solutions ... did not work - to put it mildly.

Initial Setup:

Straightforward setup.

Implementation Team:

In House

ROI:

Previous product cost us about 100.000 NOK/yearly (USD 15,000/year). JIRA costs us perhaps around 25.000NOK (USD 3,800) on time setup cost with all the plugins we've purchased.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Time spent setting things up. Perhaps one or two hours a week on average for one developer.

Other Solutions Considered:

No, did not evaluate other options, as JIRA fulfilled our need.

Other Advice:

Go for it!
1 visitor found this review helpful