JIRA Review

Perfect for keeping track of large amounts of bugs, tasks queries and releases for fixes.

What is most valuable?

Perfect for keeping track of large amounts of bugs, tasks queries and releases for fixes.

The SaaS does the job it is supposed to: helps you keep track of your projects. What I like most is the ease of adding users and the obvious nature of what they need to do -  drag and drop is always a win.

It is cross methodology so Scrum, Kanban... it doesn't matter, you can use JIRA.

I like how it shows the sprints remaining. Being able to instantly see where you are in a project and what is coming up is invaluable.

Also, the ability to link a programme of projects is very helpful. I can see where all of the teams are with their individual projects but also how they fit into the overarching business plan for the year.

How has it helped my organization?

In reality, it's allowed me to raise and keep track of 700 tickets (bugs, queries, tasks etc) effectively. I can track what tickets are in UAT and which ones are coming out in the next software release. It's very simple.

It allows all of those involved in a project, to see what stage their deliverables are (depending on what you allow people to view, they can see all deliverables from all teams)

Keeping everything in one central place with it obvious as to who is responsible for what, is a fantastic thing.

It gives programme managers an overview of how a slew of projects are going. This also provides information for Exec meetings/Board meetings - visuals are always helpful to instantly show people what is happening with a programme of improvements.

Basically it allows me to see what is happening very quickly.

What needs improvement?

I have no areas of improvement that I would push. JIRA does what I need - it allows me to assign tasks and to update my project. Any problems that I have found have been more to do with people entering with a lack of details - rubbish in = rubbish out. But that is the same with all apps.

I've used JIRA for over a couple of years, in three organisations, so I have some experience of how different places use it.

SaaS so nothing to deploy really.

There's been the odd amount of JIRA downtime (not self hosted) and sometimes tickets that can't be accessed.

I've not had need to contact the customer support team so I suppose that is a good thing.

1 visitor found this review helpful