JIRA Review

Allows us to rewrite and change tasks, add columns and change components

What is our primary use case?

We use JIRA for maintaining tasks and bugs. Overall, we love using JIRA because it performs very well with a lot of tasks and a lot of dashboards.

How has it helped my organization?

Having a tool to manage all your tasks and all your bugs is very useful for any company. We use it a lot to keep track, to see how our development is going and how automation is going.

What is most valuable?

We use a lot of dashboards and a lot of queries to search for specific bugs related to specific versions. Also, we can provide it to all of our users throughout the company.

The ability to change and rewrite tasks is valuable. You can add a lot of columns, change the owners and the change the components. It gives you a lot of flexibility between the teams.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see it connecting to Git. That could be useful. We use it for Stash, but I think there is one for Git also. I don't know if it's a plug-in that exists already, but that could be nice.

We have had no problems with stability. We're doing maintenance upgrades, but it has working well all the time.

We're not dealing with the scalability because we're not IT, but I don't think there is a problem with scalability.

We used Bugzilla but its UI was not as user-friendly. The end-user experience was very basic because it's a free tool. It's important to us that QA be able to track the issues and, of course, for the developers to be able to track all the tasks. So we're looking for the balance between performance of the user interface and the UI for the other workers in the company.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it at nine out of 10 because there is always room for improvement, but we love this tool and we use it a lot.

I would recommend JIRA. Compare all the tools for bug and task management. After that, you'll see that JIRA is by far the best.