JIRA Review
An industry standard tool, you don't need to train new employees on it

What is our primary use case?

It's really for Agile projects with storyboards, and then defect management.

The performance has been okay.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the Agile process in our company.

What is most valuable?

A lot of people in the business work with this tool so when you are searching for a new employee you don't need to train them on this tool.

What needs improvement?

The reporting and the view, from a story to a defect, should be improved in the next releases. For example, how many boxes are assigned to one story, or how many tests are run on one story, and so on. This is what I miss in the tool at the moment.

The stability is very good.

We are about 700 - 800, and it works. Not all use JIRA but in IT we are 100 people.

I have not personally been in touch with support, but I think the support is very good. I haven't heard anything wrong with it.

We have two organizations. One is development, and they work JIRA. And the other is the business, which is responsible for testing. At the moment, we are going in the direction of DevOps and more Agile, and we would like to merge our tools together.

The important criteria when selecting a vendor, in my opinion, are that the vendor should be flexible, cheap, and the support should be excellent.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it an eight out of 10. It's easy to use. People can become productive with this tool in a short time, and it is really the right solution for an Agile environment.

A lot of solutions show very well on paper. When you are selecting a solution, do a proof of concept in the environment.