Jira Review

Has many good features for knowledge management, but ideas should be future-proofed

What is our primary use case?

I believe we are using the latest on-premises version.

What is most valuable?

Confluence, not Jira, is the most convenient feature with Atlassian. We use the product for knowledge management, the use of creating or documenting knowledge into a knowledge base.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have a future-proof idea of the cost and the roadmap for my class. This is in light of the fact that they are switching things up, promoting the cloud service and mixing different support levels.

The CMDB and knowledge platforms that are in the background of the ticketing tool should also be addressed.

I have been using Jira for five years.

When it comes to the question of stability, this depends wholly on the amount of resources provided to the virtual servers, since we make on-premises use.

We have internal Atlassian experts, so it is tough for me to comment on the technical support.

The price of the solution could be lower.

We are currently in the initial stages of contemplating a switch from Jira.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to work closely with Atlassian to make sure that all the designs are future-proof.

It is tough for me to Rate the solution. There are features needing improvement, but also many good things about Atlassian. As such, I rate Jira as a seven out of ten.

More Jira reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Project
Learn what your peers think about Jira. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.