JIRA Service Management Review

Handle ticket logging for clients who need product help

What is our primary use case?

We are using JIRA for accessing our help desk when other companies have problems with programs and to let them login when somebody needs to create a new ticket.

What is most valuable?

I think that one of the most valuable features is when I am typing in my question for a ticket JIRA does a search for the answer at the same time. If it finds my answer, then I do not have to raise the ticket because I already found the answer in the knowledge base. This is good in saving time for customer service workers.

What needs improvement?

For us, one of the weaknesses of Service Desk is that we can not check every issue in the queue raised for one product. If we have more than one customer using a product that has raised a ticket, we can not see the complete list of issues for the one product from all sources. It is not as easy or efficient to handle tickets without that capability.

For this reason, we have an add-on administrative tool that we had to purchase separately for use with JIRA to help make the workflow more efficient. This could be added to the base product for all users.

We have not been using the JIRA Service Desk for too long. We started doing our testing which lasted for just a few weeks and then we sent out a notification to our clients to use it. It has been in use at the company for maybe less than one month.

We have not had the product in use long enough to scale the usage upward from the volume of our current client base. I do not think it would be a problem.

I think the initial setup for the product is easy. It is not too complex or time-consuming to set up.

We are very satisfied with the pricing of the product. Because we are an associate partner it is free for us.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate JIRA Service Deskaybe as maybe and eight or nine-out-of-ten. For our use case, and putting aside the need for the plugin, it is a nine.

Private Cloud
More JIRA Service Management reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with ServiceNow
Learn what your peers think about JIRA Service Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.