JIRA Service Desk Review

It's relatively straightforward to configure, but it does not integrate very well with our email system.

What is most valuable?

The system is relatively straightforward to configure. The ability to add custom fields is useful as is the ability to customise the individual queues for the service desk requests to sit in.

What needs improvement?

It does not integrate very well with our email system (MS Outlook). When users log issues they sometimes include a paragraph of text, or a report, with some of the content highlighted in order to draw attention to a problem. The email integration seems to read only the ascii text and throws away all of the formatting. Also if a user emails an issue in and CC's their colleagues in, the system seems incapable of also CC'ing them in on any reply and subsequent dialogue.

Just completed evaluation

Atlassian Customer service is some of the best I have experienced. We have a 500 user Jira system (Without the Service Desk add-on) and I have raised a number of issues with Atlassian support. They have all been dealt with quickly and effectively.

We used a product called Infra which is being discontinued in it's current form. We decided to review other products as we had decided to 'jump ship' with Infra.

Licensing has been much improved recently. In their previous version of Service Desk Atlassian were insisting that the customers (people who raised tickets) were all licensed Jira users. They have dropped that now and the product came back onto the radar for a lot of organisations who had previously dismissed it, purely on the shortcomings of the license model.

We also looked at Vivantio Service Desk and will probably implement this instead of Atlassian Service desk.

More JIRA Service Desk reviews from users