JIRA Service Desk Review

It manages our queues and tickets but it lacks capabilities from the user's perspective

What is most valuable?

What I really like about this solution is how it manages the queues, the tickets, and the routing.

What needs improvement?

I think the solution has a lack of capabilities from the user's perspective. I would, for example, be able to see all the phases instead of only being able to create a ticket. I want to be familiar with all the steps and be able to change things during these steps. I would like to see that improved.

What's more, we wanted to be resellers for this program, but it was denied, unfortunately. The claim of the developers was that they didn't need other resellers or partners. I think they made a mistake because we work with a lot of customers. So I think that needs to be improved because we sell and we are business partners of IBM and Microsoft, for example. But with Atlassian, it's very, very hard.

I've been using the solution for about three years now.

The solution is very stable.

I don't think the program is very scalable. It lacks scaling capabilities from the performance perspective and load balancing and some other infrastructure capabilities. This is a real disadvantage if you compare it to other tools.

The technical support was average.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be to use the solution as is, and not to try to perform some sophisticated solutions. If it fits to your needs, take it. If not, use another solution. I rate this solution a seven out of ten, and in the future, I would like to see better infrastructure, more scalability, better performance, load balancing and things like that.