JIRA Service Desk Review

A customizable solution with good stability but needs more IT Service Management features

What is our primary use case?

I'm primarily trying to use the solution as an IT Service Management solution.

What is most valuable?

The customization is the most valuable aspect of the solution. I can customize full workflows. It's very flexible. We can use mail if we want to open requests as well.

The solution offers access to add-ons that are also very helpful.

What needs improvement?

The solution should be more formalized. It could be more user-friendly.

If we are talking about IT service management, I think more features related to problem management need to be within the solution. If you want something for supplier management or complication management, you have to buy some add-ons from the market to help you with this. However, there needs more enhancements regarding that both on the solution and with available add-ons.

Arabic support is very important. It should be included on the solution itself, not provided separately. The reporting features should include more how-to guidance.

I've been using the solution for about 1.5 years.

The solution is stable.

In terms of handling data, the solution is very scalable. Right now, we have about 50 users on the system.

Technical support is okay. They help us if we have something initialized. They're helpful and professional.

We previously used FS from Nexus, a Mac-specific manager, and a CS manager, among others, for various types of service management. We were trying to replace the IT Service management solutions with Jira mainly as a non-technical box for a non-technical cost and push management.

The initial setup has a medium level of difficulty. Deployment took about ten days.

We did the implementation ourselves with the help of some tutorials, which really helped to build the system.

When we bought the solution, I recall there was one license option limited to 50 users. There is an enterprise version as well.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

It's a good, stable solution. It can help open the IT Solution management backing if you're just looking to do some enhancements.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.