JIRA Service Desk Review

Good user interface and management features help bring our team together

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is project management.

The deployment model we used was cloud-based.

Depending on the project your deployment model would be using a hybrid cloud or a private cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the things that I love about JIRA is that it connects the team together, and this is something that I will always need.

What is most valuable?

I believe that JIRA is one of the best project management tools. I like the history, the dimensioning, and how I can configure a space based on my preferences or the project circumstances. I can update the workflow on the project that I am working on.

What needs improvement?

One of the issues is that this solution keeps changing within a short period.

During the updates, when another version gets released, whatever I am tracking at that time gets lost and I have to type it all over again.

Some enhancements can be done on the GANTT chart. It is not as user-friendly, and not easy to get established in JIRA.

I would like to see the documents open in the same browser, and not need to download it each time. It is not easy to be established, it requires a lot of work to keep it up.

In the next release, I would like to see more work in preferences. It would be great.

I have been using this solution for four years.

The solution is stable.

This solution is scalable. It's flexible.

We have not used the customer service/technical support. We use the technical team at our company.

The setup was a bit complex.

If it is on the cloud then it's easy to establish but if it's on-premises it is more complicated.

We had competitor options. It was between TSL and JIRA.

I wanted JIRA for the UI and its usability.

What other advice do I have?

We are resellers for this solution.

I would recommend the JIRA Service desk, but there is always room for improvement.