JIRA Service Management Review

Has easy to understand workflows and good speed

What is most valuable?

The SLA, speed, the comments from the agents' side, and the dashboard for agents are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

From the customer side, it's not friendly used compared to other competitors, like ServiceNow or BMC. It's also not fully ITSM management if you compare it with ServiceNow or BMC. They have a full model of ITSM. In BMC they have TrueSight, they have Discovery, which helps IT to discover IT equipment with a serial number, with the specs, capacity of the server. It will give them a view of what's happening if you want to manage requests for change or incidents or planned maintenance. That is available in BMC. They can put a timeframe for maintenance, whenever you want to raise issues, it will tell you that there is client maintenance. And it prevents you from creating issues. This kind of automation is missing from Jira.

Maybe I could find it if I added add-ons or patch in add-ons. Jira cannot compete with what is developed now in ServiceNow and BMC. They are focusing on having a full set of ITSM and a full set of ITOM, which is needed to enhance a lot in Jira.

There are improvements in every release. They don't look at competitors. They focus more on enhancing bugs or enhancing the features that they have, to fix the bugs that they have, to listen to the users' recommendations. The other competitors are looking to enhance, to change entire the platform to make it reliable, or to make it also near for the growth of the company expectation. The IT team is looking for more automation, more link with systems. How they can, for example, prevent issues from happening.

We want people to not slow down with the tickets. We want people to have the issue solved automatically. I know that there are add-ons, but always does not fit or is not always in the proper way that we are looking for.

I have been using this solution for seven years.

People are looking for more stability and reliability in the system, which is improved in every release, which is good. It's always improving. I feel the difference from the day I moved to version seven and today. It's become faster and they don't have issues with the slowness anymore.

Their response is good. I don't open a lot of tickets with Atlassian. I have a contract with my vendor, who is a partner of Atlassian. My contract with him is not to solve issues, it's more to have more help in scripting or in developing a small script to help me do something which cannot be done directly from Jira. Within the full year, maybe one ticket or two tickets are raised with Atlassian.

I did the migration from version five to seven. I have a good idea about the flows and the workflow, the customization inside the scheme, and things. Within three or four months, we migrated everything to the new platform. The beauty of Jira, because it's simple, even the workflow is easy to understand.

It's easy to use.

Compared with other vendors, pricing is okay. But they increase the price every year which gets me in trouble with finance. I have to convince them why I have to pay these extra amounts which are supposed to stay the same.

I know it's not linked to Atlassian always, because also the other partner was giving us the price directly.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Jira an eight out of ten.

I would like for them to have automation to change the portal, it's still limited. It's not user-friendly compared with other vendors.

I recommend would, of course, recommend Jira. It depends on the users. When we started, it was good for us but now that the company is growing and we have a lot of applications, a lot of servers, a lot of complexity, and a lot of links between application services, it's not perfect for us. Our infrastructure has also become huge. We have cloud, hybrid, and on-prem. Sometimes we face an issue, but we spend hours understanding where exactly. It can be small things, but no only can understand where exactly. So that's why we are looking for something that can help with this, to prevent us from raising issues, and to find a solution.

More JIRA Service Management reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with ServiceNow
Learn what your peers think about JIRA Service Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.