JIRA Service Management Review

A scalable solution for workflow implementation and management

What is our primary use case?

We implemented workflows for incident management, interaction management, and problem management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the management tools.

What needs improvement?

If we could have more Queue Management within Jira itself, instead of purchasing Jira Services as an add-on, it would be better.

We purchased the add-on called Diviniti Queues that give us some priority settings for all of the queues of aggregation.

The single sign-on has some stability issues that need to be improved.

If we can have an easier way to deploy this solution without the help of a consultant and a more reliable way of deploying procedures, it would be quite helpful. It's difficult to deploy.

I would like to see improvements made to the interface to make it more user-friendly. There is too much information on the screen. Also, user experience management. What they have now is a screen full of data fields that are scattered everywhere. If we could reduce the amount of information we are giving to the users then it would be much easier.

I have been using Jira Service Desk for one year.

It is stable most of the time, but we are facing issues with the data center implementation.

The single sign-on does not work as expected. I have to sign in every couple of hours, re-sign, and I have to sign in even if I am signing into my domain or on my laptop.

Otherwise, the performance is good. There are no bugs.

Some modifications had to be done to our data center servers.

It's a scalable solution. We have 380 users in our organization.

We are expanding, scaling up the users to other organizations, to companies that are out-sourcing to us. This is expected to happen at the end of this year.

I have not had any experience with technical support. We had reached out to our consultant who had helped us to resolve our issues.

We used to use HP Service Manager, and we conducted a comparison between both products. At the end of the comparison, we decided that we would prefer the Jira Service Desk.

It was complex for us because we had to migrate data from HPSM.

We required a consultant to be involved, and even the consultant struggled for some time. It was not a straightforward job.

The data migration from HPSM was not at all straightforward.

It took two months to deploy this solution.

We needed the help of a consultant.

We may upgrade the license that we have. The license that we currently have is good for 500 agents, and it's not full yet.

When we expand it will be necessary to upgrade the license.

There are additional fees for add-ons.

What other advice do I have?

Anyone who is considering Jira Software, I would recommend they go with Jira Service Desk.

I would rate Jira Service Desk an eight out of ten.

Data Center Version
More JIRA Service Management reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with ServiceNow
Learn what your peers think about JIRA Service Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.