JIRA Service Management Review

An easy to configure and use solution for supporting and servicing requests

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for support. I open, support, and service a request. There is also some follow up with the activities.

What is most valuable?

Some of the most valuable features are simplicity, ease of configuration, and ease of customization. Overall, it's very easy to work with.

What needs improvement?

At times you will need add-ons or additional software, so built-in features would be helpful. For example, a built-in SIEM.

It would be interesting to add an Atlassian SIEM. I think it would be great!

I have been working with JIRA Service Desk for one year.

This solution is stable and we have not experienced any bugs.

This solution is scalable. They have a good architecture with good settings, especially the data center architecture. You can download scalable architecture.

I have not used the technical support.

The initial setup was simple.

It takes a maximum of one month to deploy this solution for a medium-sized company.

At times, customers request regular assistance for maintenance as they do not have anyone internally. It's an on-demand implementation or improvement.

We implement this solution for our customers. Most of our customers are medium-sized companies, but we do have some that are larger.

It's not really expensive, especially when you compare to ServiceNow or other solutions, and it's not expensive to maintain.

There are additional costs for add-ons that require additional software to support the specific add-on.

There are not only custom licenses, they have licenses for add-ons as well.

Globally, it's an interesting cost perspective.

What other advice do I have?

Because it is simple, you can start small and develop. You can customize more and more depending on your requirements. It's quite simple to configure.

I would say start and improve. Often you have to think about everything because it will be painful later on if you need to add customization that comes with JIRA Service Desk. This is the reason that you can start in one month. It's a simpler approach.

It's a good product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

8.5
More JIRA Service Management reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with ServiceNow
Learn what your peers think about JIRA Service Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.