JIRA Service Management Review

Easily integrates with other tools; good for small to medium size companies

What is our primary use case?

I'm the vice president of digital strategy and executive delivery.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy, even if you want to dock on something, it's easy to add the documentation and it easily integrates with other tools. I think that's the best part of it.

What needs improvement?

I think there are other IT ticketing tools that are better in terms of routing or work flows than Jira Service Desk. If you work at an enterprise size company, it might be preferable to use ServiceNow than Jira Service Desk which is better for smaller companies.

I'd like to see a well integrated solution. For example, if I wanted to do some testing, I don't want to have to buy another testing tool and integrate it with Jira. If Jira had a place for it to connect the requirements to the testing, that would be amazing.

I've used the solution for a long time but it was only implemented a few months ago at the company where I now work.

The stability is good.

The scalability of the solution is good. We have around 100 people using it, generally the business analysts or the program managers. Within that number, we have around 10 admins.

I haven't really needed to use customer server, using the solution has been very easy so we haven't had much contact. They've been fine when we've used them.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More JIRA Service Management reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with ServiceNow
Learn what your peers think about JIRA Service Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.