Jitterbit Review
The web console allows you monitor your integrations remotely.

What is most valuable?

For both Jitterbit Harmony ETL and Jitterbit Salesforce Data Loader, I value the following:

• The fluid user interface (probably the most user friendly interface, when compared to its competitors).
  • The drag-and-drop functionality used for data mapping.
  • The web console that allows you to monitor your integrations remotely from anywhere in the world.

How has it helped my organization?

The Jitterbit Salesforce Data Loader has allowed my team to be creative with the cost effective solutions that we propose to clients, since the Data Loader solution is free.

The Jitterbit Harmony ETL tool has allowed my team to architect more centralized integration solutions. Jitterbit is solely used as the middleware technology across multiple end-points.

What needs improvement?

In the past few months, there have been some server downtimes during work hours that have affected some critical scheduled integrations. Jitterbit can improve in this area.

I have used both versions (Jitterbit Harmony ETL and Jitterbit Salesforce Data Loader) for three years.

We’ve periodically experienced downtime with this tool, although not too often. I would estimate it to be about twice in three months.

We get email notifications stating downtime with one of the regional servers on which the integration cloud agent runs. This is usually disruptive, if it happens during work hours.

There are no scalability issues with the full Jitterbit Harmony ETL version. We experienced some scalability issues with the Jitterbit Harmony Salesforce Data Loader, usually when processing records greater than 50 thousand in a scheduled process.

I would give technical support a rating of 8/10.

• For full integration needs, we used IBM Cast Iron.
  • For quick data migration, we used the Apex Data Loader.

We switched primarily because of cost.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I do believe Jitterbit has one of the better pricing and licensing options out there compared to its competitors. However, you can get better pricing from its competitors, if you do a bulk purchase (ETL tool and other applications).

We evaluated the following alternatives:

• Dell Boomi
  • IBM Cast Iron
  • IBM WebSphere
  • Informatica
  • Pentaho data integration (Kettle)

What other advice do I have?

Most of the ETL tools can achieve the base function of data integration.

When selecting a product, pick the one that is:

• Easy to implement and manage
  • Cost effective
  • Able to scale
  • Able to get the job done

You do not need the finest with all the bells and whistles. Just get the one that gets the job done.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a partner.