Jive-n Review

From intra-mess to social collaboration

What is most valuable?

Blogging, sharing, search, mobile use Full integration of MS Office and Outlook

How has it helped my organization?

Colleagues are more informed, easier to find content, silo breaking

What needs improvement?

A visual navigator would be very useful as many colleagues have an issue to find their way and connect the dots

2 years 1 month

When we deployed 2 years ago we had some issues but the move from Jive 5 to 7 this July worked seamlessly and smoothly

We are using 6 nodes and only one of them had some stability issues.

None, even after two years the system is very fast

Jive and the Community has always been available to support us in all questions.

Considering the fact that their tech support for Europe is based in London and all support questions are handled via the Jive Community we are very happy.

Being a public Administration with over 50 units it has always been very difficult to know what other units were doing, even if some of them worked on similar issues. Files were saved on ShareDrives and to find content on our old html (Frontpage) based intranet was at best very time consuming with little results. In 2012 we had a major reorganisation and our CEO wanted to accompany this switch with a modern Social Collaboration platform. The decision to use Jive as Intranet was practically taken over night and we went from a slow two unit pilot to a big bang approach, including shutting down the old intranet.

Very easy and straight forward. Some minor issues

Inhouse (with on side support from Jive)

Blue Kiwi, Hubble,...

What other advice do I have?

In the beginning the big bang approach brought some problems for the NON-"Facebook" users, finding it very difficult to understand the concept of linking, sharing, following. I would not go for a big bang and rather guide users via a slow pilot approach. The big issue for us was the cultural shift from static to social. It needs a dedicated team of Community managers and the clear support from Management.