Jobvite Review

Allows us to manage a large amount of candidates at a large amount of sites and still be very site specific

What is our primary use case?

On the day-to-day basis, we use Jobvite as an applicant tracking system to track all of the candidates that we have in process. We use it to push out interviews. We use it to notify hiring managers of candidates that are interviewed. We use it for its evaluation piece to evaluate candidates after their interviews. We use it to connect it to our website to do our advertising, we push advertising out to Jobvite. We manage our third party vendors through that system and allow them to help us track the resumes they submit to us and we input them into the system. It is used to make offers and to run our third party, including background checks and things like that to start that process. We have a pretty extensive use of Jobvite with all the bells and whistles.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the benefits we've had from Jobvite, as we are a high volume recruiting organization in the manufacturing field with around 60 different locations, is that it allows us to manage a very large amount of candidates at a large amount of sites and to still be very site specific. The searches allow us to look at specific individuals and specific sites and give us information on those sites. That's the piece that I find the most valuable - we're able to go and dig into each of our particular sites and still be able to find out all of the activity there on the recruiting side.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I have found most valuable is the interview schedule piece. This allows me to see what interviews are going on. It allows me to put them on my calendar and to track that piece so that I can follow up both with my candidate and with my hiring manager.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, sometimes it seems, for whatever reason, that not all of the messaging goes through. I don't know if that's an internal email issue or that's an email issue with them. So I will externally follow up a lot of my communication through Microsoft Outlook as my own redundancy to make sure that my messages get out. So there's a little bit of a concern on consistency of the messaging getting through in terms of scheduling or in terms of sending a resume to a particular hiring manager, especially if you have multiple hiring managers. It does not have an ability to CC hiring managers on the resumes that are sent through. It only goes through to the hiring manager and sometimes you want other members of the team to see the resumes. So, it doesn't necessarily work that way. Those are a couple of different things that they could work on.

Otherwise, there is nothing else that I can really think of. If you know the system you know how to work your way around certain things. Once you get hands-on in the system, you understand how the system works and you understand how to work within its environment.

I'm using Jobvite today and I've used it for the last three years.

We are using the enterprise version.

Jobvite is a relatively stable application. I haven't had a whole lot of problems with it and there haven't been many times when I've been unable to access it. So, stability is pretty good.

The maintenance is done by Jobvite themselves and that's part of the contract that we've signed with them.

Jobvite has good scalability. Because of the number of positions that we've used and the number of locations we have, we have seen very good scalability.

We have a number of different hiring managers that are using Jobvite for hiring managers at all the different locations. HR managers are using it. All the different recruiters are using it. I would say we probably have 300 - 400 users on it currently.

It is being used by all of our recruiters. It's being used by all of our sites. So I don't know that there's really anything that we're going to increase with it. I think it's already being deployed to everybody that's going to use it. It is just a question of adding on new hiring managers  and new recruiters. We have sites all over the States. Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, West Coast, Southwest.

I haven't had much of a need for technical support, but my understanding is that they've been relatively responsive for when we have had issues.

I used iCIMS for a large number of years when I was at a different company so I am familiar with that as well. I've been a contractor, so I've moved to a number of different organizations and basically been with the systems that the particular organizations are using. There's only really been one time that I was part of an implementation.

I think Jobvite and iCIMS are really very similar. It's just a matter of how they organize and what their workflow is. I would say that if you have a good knowledge of one system it is fairly easy to switch over to the other system. It's just a matter of how they organize things and how their workflow runs.

I think the ability to improve the resume for someone who is not in the system, the ability to forward a resume to someone on the hiring managers team who doesn't have a Jobvite profile, some way to get that resume out to an interview team member, and potentially a way to give team members interview and resume receiving access, versus all the rest of the bells and whistles, is important. There should be some way to get them in and to make it easier, because it's a challenge sometimes when a hiring manager is set up on the interview process and wants two members of this team to be part of the process, but the only one in Jobvite is the hiring manager. You send the invite to the hiring manager through Jobvite and then you go out and use an external solution like Outlook and you have to invite the hiring manager a second time, and then the team members. If there was a way to add that and make it a one-stop shop, that would be better. It's a matter of putting permissions in interviews and resume receiving.

It was actually set up in both of the organizations I worked for before I came on board, but my understanding is the setup was relatively straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone considering Jobvite is to make sure you have a well-documented workflow process, make sure that you understand what you're going to ask Jobvite to do, make sure that you cover all those aspects of it, and make sure that you understand it. From the beginning - how you want the resumes to be routed, how you want interviews to happen, how you want job offers to happen, how you want to do evaluations, to make sure that you have your process done and documented in all of the different areas that you're going to have. Make sure you have that on the front end so that Java can be tailored to fit because if you don't have your process in place you will need to kind of retrofit it.

Also, make sure you have redundant emails from outside the system just to make sure your message gets through.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Jobvite an eight.

For it to be a ten, it would need a little more consistency with the messaging and to be a little easier on the interviewing side of it. The evaluation forms are okay but I'd love to see a little bit more of a robust evaluation form for putting in candidate evaluations. Those would be the things that can move it up to a ten out of ten.

Private Cloud
More Jobvite reviews from users
...who compared it with iCIMS Recruit
Learn what your peers think about Jobvite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.