Joomla symbol color reasonably small reasonably small

Joomla Review
This CMS lets you create an own website within minutes, no matter if the user has knowledge in coding, but you have to be very careful when it comes to choosing the right add-ons.

Valuable Features:

This CMS is very easy to use and can be enhanced with various modifications (most of them are free).

Improvements to My Organization:

I didn't use it for the companies I worked for, but installed it for many people I know.

This CMS lets you create an own website within minutes, no matter if the user has knowledge in coding.

Room for Improvement:

Joomla itself seems to be secure, but many add-ons are badly written and allow LFI, RFI, SQL injection and XSS attacks. You have to be very careful when it comes to choosing the right add-ons.

I wrote an article once which described the security risks of Joomla. There I suggested creating a catalog of certified add-ons which are secure.

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for almost 10 years.

Deployment Issues:

No, deployment is very easy.

Stability Issues:

No, the CMS itself is stable. Keep in mind that the server running Joomla should be configured correctly, though.

Scalability Issues:

So far, It wasn't necessary to scale Joomla. I don't know how it behaves with more than several hundred visitors daily.

There is no such thing since Joomla is an open source product, driven by a large and active community.

Previous Solutions:

I am using Wordpress for running very simple websites. I found out that most people learn how to use Wordpress faster than learning how to deal with Joomla.

Initial Setup:

The setup of Joomla is very easy, like it should be for a CMS. Some PHP settings might need adjustments for fitting the setup requirements, but that's it.

Implementation Team:

I always implemented it myself.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

It is free, so no license has to be obtained. However, some addons can be bought. Keep in mind that for most commercial addons, there is also a free alternative existing (but without commercial support).

Other Solutions Considered:

I had a look at several CMS systems, like Drupal or OpenCMS. Joomla convinced me because it had all the features I needed for setting up an online magazine (e.g. article catagories).

Other Advice:

Keep your Joomla installation always up to date.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Hitendra kumar

1 Comment

Hitendra kumar

Very true but a bit complex when it comes to using certain plugins; Need of today is simplicity so that people from any stream can leverage the technology efficiently; We are trying there;

Like (1)22 September 15
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Joomla?

Our experts can help. 219,209 professionals have used our research on 5,617 solutions.