Juniper Enterprise Routers Review

A reliable edge routing that has scaled with my needs

What is our primary use case?

We are a wireless internet service provider that distributes internet service. We deal with two different service providers and the hardware we use includes Juniper Enterprise Routers.

This product is being used as my edge router.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is reliability. The hardware has been very good.

What needs improvement?

The web interface can be improved. It should be more user-friendly. I can't set up everything because it is a little bit hard to use.

I have been using the Juniper routers for between four and five months.

The stability of this product is very good.

Scalability-wise, this is a good solution.

I have approximately 400 users.

I would rate their technical support and eight out of ten. I would like to see a better product library or knowledge base. The manuals are there, but the information is very technical. Having more examples would be helpful.

I also use hardware from MikroTik and Ubiquity. I found that the hardware from MikroTik wasn't very good, and Juniper is more reliable.

I found the initial setup a little bit hard because I was learning it from the Juniper website as I was doing it. The deployment took about two months.

I deployed this solution on my own.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a very good product. It is a very stable solution and I can recommend it. The only difficulty is that it is hard to set up.

I would rate this solution and eight out of ten.

12.3
More Juniper Enterprise Routers reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Enterprise Routers
Learn what your peers think about Juniper Enterprise Routers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.