Juniper Enterprise Routers Review

We use it as a central router, and it is very stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use it as a central router for both 10G and 100G ports. We are an internet exchange, so we need to have a router for connecting our partners. We use Juniper Enterprise Router only in the backbone application. We don't have any end users. Therefore, we don't heavily use access lists or filters, but we bought a firewall card in order to protect our root servers, web servers, etc.

What is most valuable?

It is very stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

The third-level customer support coming from Juniper itself could be much better. To get assistance from Juniper, we sometimes have to wait for weeks and months. I don't really appreciate that. Their support should be faster.

I have been using this solution for around two years.

It is very stable.

It is very scalable.

We are very happy with the local support provided by our local system integrator, but to get assistance from Juniper, we sometimes have to wait for weeks and months. I don't really appreciate that. Their support should be faster.

Our experience is different for different Juniper boxes. The installation was okay for MX100, but it was not that easy for MX200. For QFX5120, it was a nightmare.

We are not an end-user provider. We are a backbone company. Internet exchange is the central point for the internet in every region. We have connected around 10 customers on one router. We have three routers in our network.

It is not a huge installation. You just need two people for its installation. My partner and I have 25 years of experience in the business, and we install it ourselves. We also take support from a system integrator. For the second level of support, we use JTAC.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Juniper Enterprise Routers a ten out of ten. We plan to keep using this solution.

More Juniper Enterprise Routers reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Enterprise Routers
Learn what your peers think about Juniper Enterprise Routers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.