Juniper Enterprise Routers Review

Stable, flexible and easy to use solution with a lifetime warranty

What is our primary use case?

Juniper Enterprise Routers is a network solution that is good for the data center, for campus, and for branches' solutions, too.

What is most valuable?

Juniper Switches is stable, easy to use, flexible, and has good performance. Also, the technology is good. It has a lifetime warranty and the prices are also very good.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, they could extend the software warranty to be for its lifetime, as well. At the moment, the software warranty is limited, I think to one year.

I have been using Juniper switches for four years. We are using the latest version.

Our technical team for deployment and maintenance consists of two, mainly admin.

We have a hundred people using it in our organization.

They have a lifetime warranty for most products, which is good.

The initial setup is straightforward. They have a lot of tools to do the setup. They are also either remote or cloud-based for very technical people, with hands-on scripting, too.

There are Switches where you don't need to do anything and others where you have to do a lot of things because the environment is complex. So you don't know how long it will take.

But the deployment is easy enough. The issue is that the networks get more and more complex so you have to take care of all the details in the programming if you are setting up a complicated network. If you are setting up an easy network, you plug it in to the power and you are there.

When you buy the product, it has everything inside. Only very special cases require some licenses, but they are quite special and normally you'll have a reason to get these special licenses. So the licenses are quite good.

The license does not cost anything.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate Juniper Enterprise Routers a 10.

I would definitely recommend Juniper Enterprise Switches for users who want to integrate it.

More Juniper Enterprise Routers reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Enterprise Routers
Learn what your peers think about Juniper Enterprise Routers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.