Juniper Ethernet Switches Review

Good operational efficiency, easy to configure, and a good user interface

What is our primary use case?

We provide network solutions to our clients and Juniper Ethernet Switches are one of the devices that we install and configure for them. We are certified by Juniper to work with these switches.

This solution makes up part of the physical network.

We had one big project where we had to deploy Juniper switches with a firewall.

What is most valuable?

The GUI interface distinguishes it from other vendors and makes it easy to operate.

Juniper switches are quick and easy to configure. Depending on the requirements, you only have to configure two or three parameters.

The operational efficiency of these devices is good.

This solution has a lot of features that allow it to be configured in different ways that are suitable in any type of network.

The physical unit is compact.

What needs improvement?

In the next release of this solution, I would like to see better integration with software-defined networking.

The coding can be simplified a little bit.

We have been working with Juniper Ethernet Switches for about a year and a half.

In terms of stability, we have not had any trouble. One of the solutions that we deployed about a year and a half ago is intact and still working perfectly.

We have had no issues with scalability.

I have never contacted technical support directly because I haven't had any serious issues. When I need support, I look at the community forums on the website. There is a chat function on the website, which is very helpful.

We use and supply products by many different vendors because we are project-oriented, and not tied to any one particular vendor. Some of the other vendors are Cisco and Huawei.

The licensing costs for Cisco are higher.

Configuring this solution requires that you understand the core concept of programming. Everything that you need to do has to be programmed. For example, in the C programing language, you define a class. So here, once you understand the protocol logic, it is very easy to configure.

If you know what to do then the deployment is quick. It may take a couple of days.

What other advice do I have?

In general, I cannot find anything that is bad about this product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Juniper Ethernet Switches reviews from users