Juniper Ethernet Switches Review

It's easy for us to go back to previous working configurations to fix problems

What is our primary use case?

I'm a manager and we're a user and customer of Juniper. The primary use case is for our network connectivity, for our wireless access. We use it as a POP port and through the radio-network connectivity, it's used for all purposes, like wireless data and e-mails, whatever it is. We use it for video conferencing, basic network switching, really for all purposes. We have about 100 staff using the solution and at any one time, there are around 700 to 800 network divisors connected to the network.

What is most valuable?

We like Juniper switches because it has some features that allow us to go back to previous configurations. For example, if we change the configuration and there are problems, it's very easy for us to go back to previous working configurations. The company's technical support is also a valuable aspect.

What needs improvement?

We don't have any issues with the product and as long as they continue giving good service it's fine for us. The price is competitive, and we use our online interface only and don't go through a GUI.

We don't have any pain points.

I've been using the solution for six years.

It's a very stable product.

It's scalable.

I'm very satisfied with the technical support.

We previously used Norton but switched a while ago.

The initial setup of switches is not that simple, but my team is made up of technical people so we understood it very fast.

We implemented it with an in-house team. We have a very big network, there were roughly around 80, 85 switches and firewall and core switches. In total, implementation took somewhere between six to eight weeks.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is regarding switches. If someone is deploying switches in a critical environment, they should go for Juniper switches.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

More Juniper Ethernet Switches reviews from users