Juniper NetScreen [EOL] Review

The valuable features include dynamic OSPF routing and dual ISP failover.

What is most valuable?

• Policies
  • IPSec VPN
  • Dynamic routing (OSPF)
  • Dual ISP failover
  • Great debugging
  • Responsive web user interface

How has it helped my organization?

Stable products provide no downtime in customer networks. Their business depends on stable equipment.

What needs improvement?

Next-Generation Firewall functionalities. There could be better logging and reporting capabilities.

We have used the solution for more than 12 years. Some customers still run the Juniper NetScreen platform.

We encountered a few minor issues, but solved them with a great Juniper JTAC team.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would give technical support a rating of 6/10. On the average, I would give them a rating of 9/10.

The initial setup was quite complex. However, everything can be done if you are prepared well and if you know the customers' environment and their needs.

I have no comment about pricing and licensing.

As a partner and integrator, we had only one option.

What other advice do I have?

Retrospectively, I would definitely recommend this product because of its functionalities, its reliability, and the good support.

SSG series (5/140/520/550)
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an Elite partner with Juniper.
Find out what your peers are saying about Juniper, Fortinet, Netgate and others in Firewalls. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.