Juniper SRX Review

Good IPSec configuration, with good support, and easy to install

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is a traditional firewall.

We use Juniper SRX for the site-to-site VPN.

What is most valuable?

The IPSec configuration is going well.

What needs improvement?

We are experiencing some issues with the clustering. It needs to be simplified and more stable.

Some of the features included in SRX need improvement. For example, if you want to change your SSH port number, you cannot go into the application layer. You will have to go to the shell command to change the port. This is a problem because when you show the configuration, you cannot see what was put in the shell. It should easier.

Also, the user interface is a bit slow.

In the future, I would like to see the UI more responsive. The new generation doesn't use SSH anymore. One-click would be better.

I have been using Juniper SRX for approximately six years.

A few years ago, we were using the SRX240 now we are using a more recent version.

We deploy on SRX to handle 500 sites.

We will continue to use this solution in the future. We have no plans to change.

The technical support is a lot better because when we log a case, they respond.

We also use Fortinet FortiGate and I have some experience and knowledge of Cisco ASA.

It's not too complicated. It's plug and play.

The most challenging is when you upload the ISO. Deployment is less than one hour.

The installation is completed in-house.

We are not a large company, we have a team of less than five for deployment and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for those who are interesting in using it for a VPN.

More Juniper SRX reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Juniper SRX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.