Juniper SRX Review

Delivers security and advanced protection services

What is our primary use case?

Many customers of ours use Juniper firewalls — almost 30 enterprise companies in total.

What is most valuable?

We have explored perimeter security; however, we have not had the chance to group all the security solutions from Juniper. In relation to perimeter firewalls, we have had a good experience. We have been working with Juniper for about 10 years now, and I think it's a good brand in the market in general. In the past, they had some issues involving integration with different products in the portfolio, but currently, I think they have solved that issue. Speaking about our experience with perimeter firewalls, we feel comfortable. We think they have a good interface, the operating system is good, it's robust. It has plenty of great features, and the relation between the cost and benefits works for our business.

What needs improvement?

They recently improved this solution. Currently, I feel comfortable with Juniper in general.

Support is good. We speak to them quite often.

The initial setup was very simple.

Currently, we plan on exploring more products and solutions geared toward cloud security.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Juniper SRX a rating of nine.

More Juniper SRX reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Juniper SRX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.