Juniper SRX Review

Best after-sales support, reasonable price, 100% stability, and good security and performance

What is our primary use case?

We are using 300 series and 1500 series models.

What is most valuable?

It is a complete security bundle. The cloud-based Sky Advanced Threat Prevention feature is very valuable.

I am 100% satisfied with the performance of the Juniper firewall. It has a very good throughput. It works very fine. We use our firewall as a site-to-site VPN or Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN). In both cases, it has a very good and optimum performance.

Their service support is very good in India. I get really good support from the Juniper team.

What needs improvement?

It must be 5G ready. The 5G network is rolling out soon in India, and Juniper must upgrade their firewall slot to the 5G network, or they must manufacture a 5G dongle card for the Juniper firewall. I want Juniper to upgrade their dongle from 4G to 5G.

Presently, they have an expansion slot in the SRX 322 series and higher firewalls. In that expansion slot, they can put a 4G mobility SIM card so that whenever our primary link is down, it will automatically connect through this GSM network and form a tunnel.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is 100% stable. They have a common operating system for firewalls, routers, and LAN switches.

Their technical support is excellent. As compared to any other company, Juniper has better support in India. We have a very good understanding, and I get good support from them.

I have worked with Sophos and SonicWall. As far as the real packet forwarding internet mix is concerned, Juniper is far better than SonicWall, FortiGate, Sophos, and Cisco.

The setup of any firewall is always complex because we have to customize features according to customer requirements.

Its price is reasonable. In India, most of the products have a similar price. There is only a 5% to 10% variation in the price of different brands.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. They can blindly go with Juniper. Juniper has very good after-sales support. Their technical team is very aggressive in support, and they give very good support to the customers.

I plan to keep using this solution. Currently, there is no plan to switch from Juniper to any other brand. I am 100% satisfied with Juniper. They provide a very good service to my customers. I don't have any concerns about after-sales support with Juniper.

I would rate Juniper SRX a ten out of ten.

More Juniper SRX reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Learn what your peers think about Juniper SRX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.