Juniper SRX Review

One valuable feature is the reliability of the Junos OS. There is not a global database of objects.

What is most valuable?

One valuable feature is the reliability of the Junos OS. However, we did not make full use of the UTM functionality.

How has it helped my organization?

We have experienced more dependability.

What needs improvement?

Management: Junos Space Security Director is not great and there is no global database of objects.

We have been using the product for about six years.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

The clustering of a maximum of two nodes limited some architectural options.

Support is what the end customer buys. Unfortunately, it's not always from Juniper.

We migrated from Juniper Screen OS to Junos. We are leaving Juniper now as their focus on security seems to have dropped.

The setup was no more difficult than switching to any other firewall implementation.

What other advice do I have?

Be wary of Juniper's stake in the security realm. If they are ramping up again and are again competing with Check Point, Palo Alto, and FortiGate, then they are worthy of consideration. It is also worth your consideration if your network is Juniper based and you have a secondary firewall vendor.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a partner.