Juniper SRX Review
Provides good routing and high performance of the data center

What is our primary use case?

One solution is data center Firewall and also we use this solution for protection our service GI + Triple Play

How has it helped my organization?

It provides good routing and high performance of the data center. It solves protecting our datacenter, separate networks and protect data center with FW policies + DPI

What is most valuable?

The routing feature is most valuable, because SRX is the best enterprise router. SRX has complete MPLS service features with L3VPN, VPLS, EVPN. You can also combine Router and FW in one box, with selective packet filter to bypass flow engine and set traffic to packet mode.

What needs improvement?

Web management needs to improve. The web interface on Juniper SRX is just a short conversion from Junos OS CLI; this is not very suitable for users with little expertise.

But Juniper has complete MGMT for managing SRX devices and other Juniper devices. it' s called Junos Space with APP security director for security devices. It's good, but there is space for improvment.

There were some stability issues.

There are not many scalability issues experienced.

I would give the technical support an eight out of 10 rating.

Previously, we were using the old Juniper ScreenOS, we switched due to end-of-support. I have also expertise with Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, Checkpoint R80.10, Dell Sonicwall, Fortinet.

The setup was very complex, e.g., if you are beginner.

We implement is by our self with team in-house.

The prices are very good as compared to other vendors.

We looked at Cisco, FortiGate, Palo Alto

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good router with firewall.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are partners.
1 visitor found this review helpful