Juniper vSRX Review

Useful remote management that could use some more virus and malware detection

What is our primary use case?

It is deployed on the customer site, and we manage the firewalls on this side. It's a very useful solution. It is used on-premise at the customer site. It is useful for management, and the configuration is rather easy, as well.

How has it helped my organization?

As I said, it meets our requirements, so I think the product works okay.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an activity sensor for malicious content or sensor for viruses and malware.

We have used the Juniper vSRX firewalls for two or three years.

Yes, of course. It is stable.

I think that the system is scalable, but not on the customer side because there are not that many switches, so you don't have to scale this side.

The Juniper technical support fulfilled our requirements.

We used Fortinet firewalls as well as Juniper vSRX. We did not use them to the extent that we have used Juniper vSRX.

The deployment of the Juniper vSRX is easy.

The process is done by my colleagues, so I am not involved in this process. As I understand it is easy and not a time-consuming process.

I think the virtual solution is a good price. But of course, it depends on other features, solutions, and licenses.

What other advice do I have?

It depends on on the environment and work requirements so it is hard to give advice. I would rate Juniper vSRX at a seven on a scale of ten.

More Juniper vSRX reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Find out what your peers are saying about Juniper, Netgate, Fortinet and others in Firewalls. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.