Juniper vSRX Review

It's easy to use, maintain, and set up

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for firewall and network security

How has it helped my organization?

It does everything that we need it to do.

What is most valuable?

• Easy to maintain.
  • Easy to use.
  • Easy to set up.

It is easy for me to go in and update settings, make changes, or add/remove rules or security.

Also, it works. That is the biggest thing.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could always be better. They could make it simpler and more intuitive. While it is pretty good now, they could always make improvements.

More than five years.

We don't put that much stress on it, but it is very stable. I don't think we have ever had an issue with it crashing or going down.

Our college is small, so we have a smaller environment. However, it appears like it would scale easily. There are other larger colleges who use Juniper using the same system and setup that we do with thousands of faculty and staff instead of the hundreds that we have.

I have not contacted technical support.

It is not that costly.

We also evaluated Cisco, but we had a good experience with Juniper in the past. Our rep with them would come out and talk to us about things routinely. Thus, we already had a good relationship with them.

What other advice do I have?

It works for us and has worked for other colleges and universities.

We use just the on-premise version of the product. We are not on AWS yet. I'm looking forward to integrating this solution into AWS soon.