Juniper vSRX Review

Enables us to collect all of the updates in one single place and then push it over to the vessel

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the Juniper vSRX solution is protection. We use it for Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS).

How has it helped my organization?

At the moment, we have about 120 vessels running under Juniper vSRX with 20 people per vessel. It's 2400 users. For deployment and maintenance, we have nine people.

We don't use anything extra on the production side. We would like to increase usage. We are going to put an inner portfolio on more than 20,000 vessels.

We plan to put all of them under the same umbrella with Juniper vSRX.

What is most valuable?

The features we found most valuable are using the IDS and IPS during protection. For prevention, the application filtering feature is great, fantastic.

What needs improvement?

Up to the point we have used it now, there is no need for anything extra in the product.

We have been using this solution for three years now.

The stability of the solution is very good. It's very stable.

Juniper vSRX is very scalable and easy to use. The difference is that we are always using it. The scalability is the main reason why we got it.

We evaluated quite a lot of products before we took on this station. It's expensive.

The technical support is very good. They are very fast. They are our partners. It's in their benefit to help us work efficiently. They are earning money on it.

The initial setup is straightforward. Our deployment took three months. We had to put it together with many adjustments for the system to work together.

We used our partner Teresa for the installation of Juniper vSRX.

We evaluated the IDS and IPS without considering application filtering. It is easy to connect Juniper vSRX to the vessels. We have vessels that lead to connectivity.

Our network is very limited. One of the most important details with Juniper vSRX is that we can collect all of the updates in one single place and then push it over to the vessel.

This was something very important to us in production.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate this product a 10. When you've got a 10, there is nothing to improve. There's nothing to add. The pricing still needs some improvement.