Juniper vSRX Review

A good solution with lots of features but very bad technical support

What is our primary use case?

My company is an IAP so we use the solution for virtual security to segregate work.

What is most valuable?

There are a few valuable features that offer very good quality on the solution. Especially NetScreen. We used to use NetScreen for the product line. It was a very mature solution, very robust, easy to configure, easy to manage, etc. It made it easy to do everything.

What needs improvement?

We have some weird errors and some weird behavior on the solution occasionally. The device gets buggy without anyone touching it. It would work and then suddenly stop. Sometimes you need to just move the cards out and restart it again, and it will work. The solution itself, the hardware and the software, there must be some bugs that need to be dealt with.

We are using high-end devices. For the high-end devices, all the features are there; we don't need more features. What we need are for the features we have to work exactly as we want them to. Especially on the IT desk. There's something wrong between the hardware and the software. As I mentioned, some hardware is not working correctly in some integrations, and I'm not sure why.

I've been using the solution for about two years.

Technical support is very bad. They never respond to any ticket you open, although we pay for the support.

The initial setup was a little bit complex.

We used a consultant to assist with implementation. In retrospect, we probably could have handled it ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.