Juniper vSRX Review

Controlled traffic for site-to-site connections with flexible commit features

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to load traffic for our RH team so that they can connect to our servers on our other sites.

I load source addresses to connect to the destination address with applications such as HTTP, HTTPs, and SSH to connect the servers to the RH team.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility of the commit check and the commit confirmed commands is very good. The design of the forwarding plane and the control plane in the operating system is very important in performing when we have a large amount of traffic.

The architecture of the OS in Juniper is very good. It's flexibility, scalability, and the technicality are also good.

What needs improvement?

The support can be improved.

The GUI needs to be improved, as Cisco is more advanced with their ASDM platform.

In the next release, I would like to see improvements made to the GUI because it isn't very good.

I would like them to discard some of the existing commands because we have to delete them. It should be more practical.

I have been working with Juniper for more than two years.

The versions that I have worked with are the SRX 550, 3600 and 5800.

This solution is scalable.

I have dealt with Cisco's Technical support as well as the Technical support from Juniper, and there are some differences. Cisco is more available, and the degree of competence regarding our case is better.

We have used both Cisco and Juniper products. When comparing them, there are differences with the command line interface. Cisco is more advanced.

After some research, I think that the cost of Juniper is more than Check Point, Palo Alto, and Fortinet.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Juniper because they have a good product, especially the 5800 version.

This is a good product for internet service providers.

Private Cloud
More Juniper vSRX reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall