Juniper WLC Series Review

Stable with good AI capabilities and helpful technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for education customers.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a very good open API.

It has excellent programmability.

The Artificial Intelligence on offer is very useful.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's a pretty user-friendly process.

The stability is very good.

We can scale the solution if we need to.

The technical support is extremely helpful and we've found that the documentation is very extensive.

What needs improvement?

The support on offer to other vendors switching - like Aruba or Ruckus - could be improved.

I've been using the solution for three years or so. It's been a while. I've used it over the last 12 months as well.

The stability is excellent. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution offers very good scalability. If a company needs to expand it, they can.

We typically work with medium to large-sized organizations.

We have about ten users on the solution currently.

Technical support is excellent. They are extremely helpful and responsive. We are quite satisfied with their level of attention.

On top of that, they offer very comprehensive documentation. It's helpful for learning about the product and troubleshooting.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's simple. They make it very user-friendly. It's not overly complex.

The deployment can take one to two weeks on average. It's not too long.

It requires a team of ten or fewer people to handle deployment and maintenance. Typically, we have three engineers per project.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

We evaluated other solutions, such as Cisco Meraki and Aruba.

We found that Juniper's offering of their API's open interface and Artificial Intelligence were much better. That's why we ended up choosing them instead of other options.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Juniper distributor. I'm a reseller, not a direct end-user or customer.

We use multiple deployment models, including on-premises and the cloud.

I'd recommend the solution. It's a very, very scalable solution and also has very, very good and very powerful programmability and open API interfaces. If a company wants to get the most benefits from the solution, they need to spend some time with the programming engineers to explore the APIs and the interface. It would be a good solution for large enterprises. It could also work for smaller organizations.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

More Juniper WLC Series reviews from users
...who compared it with ExtremeCloud IQ
Find out what your peers are saying about Juniper, Cisco, Ruckus and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: June 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.