Juniper WLC Series Review

Good scalability but the solution has stopped developing

What is our primary use case?

I am a coordinator and senior IT specialist and we use the product to provide wireless to our customers. There are about 1,000 people using the product in the company. At the time of deployment, we'd moved to a new location so there was no previous wireless option on site.

What is most valuable?

I can't say that there's anything valuable in the product now. We've reached end-of-life with it and are now getting an alternative solution.

What needs improvement?

The biggest issue was that Juniper stopped developing, so we had to look for another solution. If they were to continue development, I would like to see a decent portal functionality, WPA3, and support. Probably some kind of API as well.

I've been using Juniper WLC Series for about seven years now.

We had some initial issues with stability, but it was solved after some time and there were no further problems.

There weren't any scalability issues, the product did what it had to do.

The technical support was fine until they stopped developing the product and then it was bad because there was no support. We have one person in the company responsible for maintenance.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Deployment of the product took a few months and we used a consultant for that purpose.
We have recently moved to implementing Aerohive. They are an ongoing business so the product is fully supported and it has the latest technology, and it's a cloud-based solution.

I would rate the Juniper a seven out of 10.

More Juniper WLC Series reviews from users