Junos Space Network Director Review

Facilitates rapid deployment of switches, but the upgrade process is time-consuming

What is our primary use case?

I use this product to manage my edge switching and my firewall environment.

What is most valuable?

For edge switching, this product is fantastic. It helps me deploy switches at a rapid pace.

It allows me to do more of the basic firewall features, like traffic management and others, in a single pane of glass.

What needs improvement?

The pain point with this product is always doing the upgrades. The upgrades are very time-consuming and difficult, and they often have to rebuild the product.

We have been using the Junos Space Network Director for seven years.

For the most part, this is a stable product. There have been a couple of releases that weren't stable.

This solution is extremely scalable.

The technical support staff is fantastic.

I found the initial setup to be straightforward but I do it for a living.

This product is set at a good price point. Compared with other similar solutions, it is extremely reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is that if you find it very difficult, then maybe you're in the wrong field. If you're going to be using this product then you'll have a deployment of more than 50 switches. Managing that kind of workload or higher with telco-class gear, you should know networking inside and out.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Junos Space Network Director reviews from users
...who compared it with Huawei eSight
Find out what your peers are saying about Juniper, Cisco, Fortinet and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.